At the beginning of 1957, Jaguar was faced with the following situation. Sales of the Jaguar XK140 are at a new low. No wonder, vehicles without self-protruding bodywork already radiate the touch of the past. Since the xK120 was unveiled at the Motor Show on Earls Court, nearly 10 years have passed and the development in design and technology has overtaken the Jaguar XK. This can already be seen on the Jaguar XK-SS, which at the same time drives the streets in small numbers and emerged from the racing legend Jaguar D-Type. Then, on 12 February 1957, a major fire destroyed a large part of the Coventry plant, which is the hardest hit by the new sports car production. At a time when the old is no longer good enough and the new is not yet ready for the market, a decision has to be made, a final "facelift" has to be made. In mid-1957, the successor, the XK150, was launched. The Jaguar XK150 differs significantly from its predecessor in its exterior. The slender fast sports car has become a Tourer. but one that will take it far on the part of motorization. First of all, the 3.4 litre X140 engine with 190 hp is available, from which a 20 hp stronger version is created due to the newly developed B-Type cylinder head. With the delayed introduction of the "Open Two Seater" a 250 hp engine generation, the "S" version, will be added at the same time. Recognizable from the outside by a small "S" with solid line on the car door, under the hood by three large 2 inch S.U. HD8 carburettors, which are required by the newly developed "straight port" cylinder head Harry Weslakes. At the beginning of 1959 a 3.8 litre version follows, which is also available as an "S" version. Thanks to its strong engine, the XK150 is the first production vehicle to be fully equipped with Dunlop disc brakes. The XK150 will be the last of its kind, in the successor model the new direction will finally break through with brute force, the Jaguar E-Type.